Aqualung 0.9 Beta 11
Aqualung is an advanced music player designed from the ground up to provide continuous, absolutely transparent, gap-free playback across a variety of input formats and a wide range of sample rates thereby allowing for enjoying quality music: concert recordings and "non-best-of" albums containing gapless transitions between some tracks. Plays audio CDs, internet radio streams, podcasts and soundfiles in just about any audio format.
Features at a glance:
- Audio CDs can be played back and ripped to the Music Store with on-the-fly conversion to WAV, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis or CBR/VBR MP3 (gapless via LAME).
- Seamless tagging of the created files is offered as part of the process.
- Internet radio stations streaming Ogg Vorbis or MP3 are supported.
- Subscribing to RSS and Atom audio podcasts is supported. Aqualung can automatically download and add new files to the Music Store. Optional limits for the age, size and number of downloaded files can be set.
- Almost all sample-based, uncompressed formats (e.g. WAV, AIFF, AU etc.) are supported. For the full list of these formats, visit the libsndfile homepage.
- Files encoded with FLAC (the Free Lossless Audio Codec) are supported.
- Ogg Vorbis and Ogg Speex audio files are supported.
- MPEG Audio files are supported. This includes MPEG 1-2-2.5, Layer I-II-III encoded audio, including the infamous MPEG-1 Layer III format also known as MP3. For tracks containing the appropriate LAME headers, the MPEG encoder delay and padding is eliminated by Aqualung, resulting in truly gapless playback. Aqualung also supports VBR (variable bitrate) and UBR (unspecified bitrate) MPEG files.
- MOD audio files (MOD, S3M, XM, IT, etc.) are supported via the high quality libmodplug library.
- Musepack (a.k.a. MPEG Plus) files are supported.
- Files encoded with Monkey's Audio Codec are supported.
- WavPack files are supported via a native decoder.
- Numerous formats and codecs are supported via the FFmpeg project, including AC3, AAC, WMA, WavPack and the soundtrack of many video formats.
- Naturally, any of these files can be mono or stereo.
Latest version: 0.9 Beta 11 (20 Jun 2011)
System requirements: Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7
Download: aqualung-setup_0.9beta11.exe (6.3 MB)
This website is Copyright © 2010 CodecPack.co