Codec Toolbox RS 0.7 Alpha
Codec Toolbox RS can read/change merit of all 32/64-bit codecs (including DMO ones) and it can list the codecs installed on the system. It can detect broken codecs and filters. Can also be used from command line (there are the real command line and another command line inside the GUI). Click on the Readme button in the application for help.
When read/change merit or delete a codec it searches the name or CLSID of the codec with the exact match (not partial match) and it is case insensitive.
- Read merit: /READ_MERIT:32:0:"AVI Splitter"
- Change merit: /CHANGE_MERIT:32:0:"AVI Splitter":"00 60 00 00"
- List codec installed on the system: /LIST_CODECS:32
- Detect broken codecs and filters: /DETECT_BROKEN_CODECS:32
- Save log to a file: /OUTPUT
- Add debug info: /DEBUG
What's new in this version:
- The log is now colored
- Added listing of Media Foundation codecs (not tested yet)
- Added listing of VFW / ACM codecs
- Added listing of the categories of DMO / Media Foundation codecs
- Added the possibility to read informations and open the configuration of VFW/ACM codecs (currently is mostly not working, if you want to see it try with vidc.i263)
- Added the ability to fix the problems found (currently only for Win XP 32/64-bit)
Codec Toolbox RS Main Window
Latest version: 0.7 (26 Feb 2011)
System requirements: Windows XP/Vista/7
Download: CodecToolboxRS_0.7.zip (467 Kb)
Sherlock - The Codec Detective!
K-Lite Codec Tweak Tool
This website is Copyright © 2010 CodecPack.co