DVDSubEdit allows you to visualize and make modifications to the subpics (subtitles or button highlights in menus) directly inside the VOB files, without the need to demux and remux the subpic stream. DVDSubEdit works with vob files or sup files (created for example by PgcDemux, or VobEdit) and does not require any demuxing/remuxing (it works directly inside the VOB files, and processing is instantaneous).
What DVDSubEdit does:
- Reposition your subtitles exactly where you want them, horizontally or vertically, for all display modes (4:3, widescreen, letterboxed, pan&scan).
- Change the transparency and the color of each subtitle, or hide them entirely.
- Resynchronize your subtitles with your video, by changing the start time and the duration.
- Run an OCR (optical character recognition) algorithm on your subtitles, so you can search them, modify them and export them as .srt.
- Remove annoying parts in your subtitles (for example, text intended for hearing-impaired persons). You can also selectively remove typos in the subtitles, all this without re-authoring!
- Edit your subtitles using an external bitmap editing tool (such as photoshop, Gimp, or even mspaint). You don't need to demux/remux anything, and it takes 1s to export/re-import the bitmap!
- Saves your changes directly inside the vob files (which is very quick), and also lets you export your subs to .sup and .srt format. You can also save individual subs as ppm.
What's new in this version:
- Added code to save selected subpics as bitmap.
- Added preference for drop-frame and non-drop-frame time display / saving.
- Fixed bug that caused "AutoClut" to be selected when sup files were opened even if the IFO was supplied.
For more information and a detailed user guide, please click here.
Latest version: 1.52 (06 Sep 2011)
System requirements: Windows 9x/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/7
Download: DVDSubEdit1.52.zip (809 KB)
Satsuki Decoder Pack
Haali Matroska Splitter
Windows 7 Codecs
This website is Copyright © 2010 CodecPack.co