MPUI 1.2-pre3 Build 37
MPUI is an easy-to-use Windows frontend for MPlayer. MPlayer is arguably the best media player application of the world. Is is almost strictly monolithic, which means that it mainly consists of a single 7 MB executable that already contains all necessary codecs – for most files, it does not need any external codecs to be installed. There is already a »semi-official« OS X port, but up to now, no such project exists for the Windows platform. This is where MPUI comes into play. It is a small program for Windows that takes the command-line hassle off you. Instead, you will get a no-frills, straight-to-the-point GUI that resembles the venerable Windows Media Player 6. It does not support every feature of MPlayer – there are just too many of them – but it is a solid »workhorse« media player tool suitable for most, if not all, everyday needs.
MPlayer and MPUI, when teamed up, offer the following features:
- A media player with a clean and simple interface.
- Plays hundreds of different video and audio formats, including MPEG-1, -2 and -4 (DivX), H.264, MP3, Ogg Vorbis and AAC. For most media files, no additional codecs are needed. This is because MPlayer is not one of the uncounted DirectShow players – the codecs are directly integrated into MPlayer.exe.
- MPUI and MPlayer together are just about 3.5 MB in size.
- The most important MPlayer options (aspect ratio, deinterlacing, and postprocessing) can be configured without typing in cryptic command-line options. But if you want or need some non-standard options, you can still add them by hand.
- Support for multiple audio and subtitle tracks on DVDs.
- Combines MPlayer's cool keyboard navigation with a mouse-controlled seekbar.
- Plays files, network streams and discs (such as (S)VCD or DVD). Drag&Drop supported.
- Multilingual user interface.
- No installation is required to use MPUI/MPlayer.
- Using a special autorun.inf file, self-playing DivX CDs can be made. This adds only 3.5 MB to your CD, and on the computer playing the disc, no codecs need to be installed.
- Both programs are free, licensed under the GNU General Public License.
Latest version: 1.2-pre3 Build 37 (15 Mar 2008)
System requirements: Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista/7
Download: MPUI-1.2-pre3_with_MPlayer-SVN-r26251.zip (3.6 MB)
Alternate download location: MPUI-1.2-pre3_with_MPlayer-SVN-r26251.zip
FreeSmith Video Player
Ants Media Player
VLC Media Player
Zoom Player Home Free
Kantaris Media Player
Media Player Classic
Windows Media Player
This website is Copyright © 2010 CodecPack.co